PRIVACY AND POLICY
Our App provides a platform where you can connect with like minded parents and arrange for online or offline activities, games, playdates for your children (“Services”). To be able to connect you with other parents, we need to collect and process some personal and non-personal data.
1. Data we collect - To avail our Services, you must create an account with us. You will need a display name and your profile picture. Your display name and profile picture is always public, but you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. Where you elect to provide such data, you consent to the use thereof by the App. We do not collect, store or process sensitive data such as biometric data, religion, political opinion, sexual preference, medical information, credit card and other banking related information, etc When you interact with our App, we may collect following information from your device: a. Device identifiers. Device identifiers are alphanumeric strings that are unique to your device. It is stored on the mobile device and can be retrieved by any app that is downloaded and installed. We collect your phone number for logging in. But your phone number is never shared with anyone.
2. Location information -If you permit in the app, we collect coarse location of your device.
3. Other information collected -
Other information about/on your device, including:
Device type (e.g., make and model)
Operating system (e.g., iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry) Mobile browser used (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
Language settings and time zone
3. Children’s data is only revealed to your friends and is not available to any other user if you join or create a private activity. Only this information is available to your friends
Age of the child
Name of the child
If you join an open activity or create an open activity, your child's name and age would be revealed to everyone who is using the app.
4. App interaction data - Data such as your activities is only shown to your friends. If you join an open activity, your activity data is revealed to the activity owner and others who view the open activity.
5. Purposes we collect data for - We use the collected/ obtained information to connect you with like-minded parents so that you can arrange for online or offline activities, games, playdates for your children. We do not display any advertisements.
6.. Parties we may share your data with -
a. Service Providers. We may share personal information we collect about you with our third party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include IT and related services;
b. Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliates so that our Services or that of our affiliates may be improved;
c. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve and disclose any information associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe that doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity;
d. Disclosures in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract; and
e. International Data Transfers. Where applicable, we will protect information through other legally valid methods, including international data transfer agreements. You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live.
7. Security afforded to your data - We have taken reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
8. Retention period - We retain your information for as long as you are connected with us or as required by the law or applicable contract. Typically, we may retain your information for < > even after you have deleted our App or have stopped using it, unless you have exercised any user rights allotted to you by the applicable data protection laws. After the applicable retention period, we may only retain and use your data: (i) in an aggregated or anonymized format; (ii) to comply with its legal obligations; (iii) to resolve disputes and enforce agreements. Please note that the use cases stated in this provision will apply as an exception to your user rights related requests. We delete all the activity data every week to ensure privacy.
9. Your rights and choices - You control the personal data you share with us. You can access or rectify this data at any time. You can also deactivate your account. We also provide you tools to object, restrict, or withdraw consent where applicable for the use of data you have provided. Please note, to help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data information or complying with deletion, rectification or other related requests. You may elect to disable, uninstall or unsubscribe from the App. Please write to us as email@example.com to exercise any such rights as allotted to you by the applicable data protection laws. For California based users: Since we are not sharing your data with any third parties for “Selling” purposes, we are not obligated to provide you with ‘Do not Sell my data’ link under California Consumer Privacy Act.
11. Children’s privacy - Most of the data protection laws prohibit collection and processing of minor’s data without parental consent. We will consider that parental consent is provided if and when you provide us with your children’s personal data. All the security safeguards will apply and aim to protect minor’s data.
13. Concerns and feedbacks Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any concerns, feedback, questions and shout-outs.